340B Drug Pricing Program Compliance and Optimization
Pharmacy Consulting International (PCI) partners with clients to evaluate 340B purchasing process, implement contract pharmacy agreements and maximize 340B allowable purchases within HRSA (Health Resources Service Administration) guidelines. The rapidly changing landscape surrounding 340B has created challenges for organizations as they develop and implement new policies, procedures and monitoring programs. PCI has significant experience ensuring policies and procedures reflect current practice, while recommending necessary modifications. Working in partnership with clients, when preparing for a 340B compliance audit, PCI provides an evaluation of infrastructure, operations, technology, and program goals.
The goal is to optimize your 340B program through a combination of personalized attention, understanding of your situation, technology optimization, shared perspective and understanding of the challenges your organization faces.
PCI will assess 340B drug pricing program processes, including:
- Oversight and management of the program
- Policy and procedure that is consistent with the current site-specific processes
- 340B financial benefit
- Self-audit process
- External audit process
- Site registrations on the HRSA/OPA web site are consistent with the most recent Medicare Cost Report
- 340B and GPO drugs being used for eligible patients only
- Processes used to determine 340B eligibility
- 340B, GPO and WAC purchasing
- Process in place to assure no Medicaid duplicate discounts
- Contract pharmacy agreements
- Split-billing and third-party administrator software functionality